|This page is from The Website for Young Marines|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The following is a listing of the T.O. billet descriptions and responsibilities up the the Company level.
- COMPANY COMMANDER (ADULT)
- The Company Commander is responsible for everything the company does or fails to do. The Company Commander is responsible for the training, discipline, administration and welfare of the Young Marines in the company.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER (ADULT)
- Second in command of the company. Recommends Young Marines for promotion, holds promotion boards and does investigations, performs such duties as assigned by the Company Commander. Supervises the activities of the Company HQ. Assumes command of the company in the absence of the Company Commander.
- FIRST SERGEANT
- Is the senior Young Marine person in the company. Assists the Company Commander by doing such duties as are assigned. Principal assistant to the Company Commander in supervising the administration of the company. Operates the company command post under the general supervision of the Executive Officer.
- COMPANY GUNNERY SERGEANT
- Assists the Company Commander by doing such duties as are assigned. Principle assistant to the Commander Commander in planning and supervising the training of the company. Plans all aspects of training and submits plans to Company Commander for approval. Assigns classes, ensures that high standards of police and sanitation are maintained in the company area. Assists and works closely with the 1stSgt and takes over when 1stSgt is absent.
- COMPANY SUPPLY SERGEANT
- Works closely with the unit Adult Supply Officer. Operates the compnay supply, maintains supply records, keeps supplies at operating levels, reorders as necessary. Makes sure all unit equipment is in serviceable condition. Keeps an inventory of all items on hand.
- MESSENGER/RADIO OPERATION/COMPANY GUIDE
- In the field, is the Company Commander's radio operator/runner, normally a Young Marine assigned from a platoon as needed.
- PLATOON LEADER
- Responsible to the Company Commander training, discipline, administration and care of Young Marines and for everything the platoon does or fails to do. Also is responsible for the care of anything issued to the platoon.
- PLATOON SERGEANT
- Second in command of the platoon. Performs all duties assigned by the Platoon Leader. Assumes command in the absence of the Platoon Leader. Conducts the training of the platoon and assists in all aspects of supervision and control of the platoon.
- PLATOON GUIDE
- In garrison, does administrative duties as the Platoon Leader directs. Acts as guide during drill. Is the Platoon Supply Sergeant, draws and issues supplies/equipment as required for the platoon. In the field, prevents stragglers while the platoon is on the move. Is in charge of all platoon working parties.
- MESSENGER/RADIO OPERATOR
- In the field, is the Platoon Leader's radio operator/runner, normally a Young Marine from a squad is assigned as needed.
- SQUAD LEADER
- Ensures that the squad carries out all orders of the Platoon Leader. Conducts the training of squad members in all Young Marine subjects. Looks out for the welfare of all squad members.
- TEAM LEADER
- Ensures that team members are squared away and supervises the carrying out of all orders.
Be sure to stop by Marine Corps Wives Website
Page Construction by hadduck Enterprises All Rights Reserved - 1999